Job posting: advertising
We are looking for an individual interested in a key Advertising Sales Representative position
WestmountMag.ca is an online ‘Urban Lifestyle’ eMagazine, available on any digital platform, desktop, tablet or phone. The bilingual publication is the perfect medium to reach affluent consumers from Westmount and surrounding communities, with newsletters sent twice weekly and a complete listing of merchants and professional service providers, as well as a calendar of local events listed by category.
Our readers are highly engaged, affluent, connected adults from Westmount and surrounding municipalities, a majority being women between the ages of 30 and 60. All our content is highly optimized for search engines and more than half our traffic is generated through keyword searches. Our newsletter has a 24% open rate, 3 times more that the industry standards for Leisure Publications (8%).
We are looking for an individual interested in a key Advertising Sales Representative position. Applicants must be self-starters and goal-oriented, as the focus of this position is on developing new revenue opportunities for our publication (see our media kit).
- Contact prospects from a provided list, do follow-up calls, sell advertising and prepare sales reports;
- Service existing business relationships and prospect for new accounts;
- Commit to meeting or exceeding sales goals and attaining revenue goals;
- Contribute to building future business and sponsorship campaign agreements;
- Provide professional service and ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
Who we’re looking for
- You have 3 years or more in media sales experience, printed and/or online;
- You are a motivated self-starter, able to work independently and achieve sales targets;
- You are proficient or fluent in English and French;
- You are an effective verbal communicator and you have excellent skills in presenting and closing sales, nurturing a clientele and answering customer complaints;
- You are proficient with Microsoft office and capable of producing monthly sales reports, and you can adapt to management systems or practices;
- You are comfortable with teleworking outside the employer’s premises, particularly via the use of the Internet;
- You have a valid driver’s license, a vehicle, and digital communication tools.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why we should choose you for this sales position at firstname.lastname@example.org