A rare pearl surrounded
by greenery and calm
Splendid detached house adjoining the wooded grounds of the Congregation of the Sisters of Notre-Dame
August 20, 2021
5179, Avenue Brillon, Montréal
Located at the end of a residential cul-de-sac overlooking the grounds of the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre-Dame, this detached house, typical of the last century, is surrounded by greenery and calm.
Comprising 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and 1 powder room, this spacious and bright detached home has been renovated to enhance its character and history. All materials used in the work are period or replicated: brass knobs and fixtures, cast iron heaters, porcelain sink, mouldings, fireplace mantles, large hot tub, floors and tiles, bricks, etc.
This spacious and bright detached home has been renovated to highlight its character and history.
No detail has been spared to combine beauty and functionality in an original style adapted to today’s taste. A small haven of peace, the large backyard surrounded by mature trees offers privacy and tranquillity that are rare in the city. In addition, it is worth noting that there are no neighbours to the rear or on the right-hand side.
On the ground floor
- Cherry wood floors
- Spacious and bright entrance hall, lovely powder room with unique porcelain sink
- Newer kitchen including Wolf gas range with two ovens, SubZero refrigerator and Bosch dishwasher
- Dining room (seats up to 16), formal living room, family room with skylight and fireplace
- 3 good sized bedrooms
- Master bedroom
- Dressing room and two walk-in closets
- Adjacent couple’s den with hot tub
- Wood burning fireplace and Romeo and Juliet balcony
In the basement
- 1 bedroom and 1 full bathroom
- Laundry room and storage room
- Partially finished, almost 9-foot ceilings
‘All materials used in the renovation work are either period or made to match.’
Major renovations and recent additions
- Major renovations worth over $1 million in recent years, according to the owner
- New 10″ wide foundation, waterproofed with French drain,
- Heating and air conditioning
- Natural gas supply
- Membrane roofing
- New brick
- Sewage outlet and water inlet
- Alarm system
- Urethane isolation
- 1000 sq. ft. two-story rear addition with deck and spa
- New 13.5 foot wide rear garage with new commercial asphalt driveway
- Purchase of a strip of land for a total of 4165 sq. ft.
‘A small haven of peace, the large backyard surrounded by mature trees offers a privacy and tranquility rare in the city.’
Reach the Villa-Maria metro station in 2 minutes. Within 5 minutes, you can be in the restaurants and cafes of this pleasant segment of Decarie Boulevard or in the vibrant Monkland Village. Leave the car in the refurbished garage, or use it to get downtown in less than 10 minutes.
- Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Park
- Somerled Park (tennis)
- Monkland Village
- Hospital, library, YMCA, Glenn J. Chamandy arena,
- Villa-Maria metro station
- BIXI stations
- Primary schools: Notre-Dame-de-Grâce
- High school: Saint-Luc
- Public school: École Rudolf Steiner
- CEGEP: Marianapolis College
5179, Avenue Brillon, Montréal
Centris # 15309625
Residential and commercial real estate broker
RE/MAX HARMONIE INC.
Real estate agency
Équipe Bouvrette inc.
O : 514-259-8884
C : 514-757-3289